Self-Care 

How many of us go days on end just "working"?
You have to be a daughter, a wife, a mom, an entrepreneur, a caregiver, a helper, a good friend, a motivator, etc...

We have to be like the energizer bunny that keeps going, and going, and going...

But, When do you ReCharge?
           How do you ReCharge?

If you don't you will fall in a downward spiral that can only lead to exhaustion which in turn will affect for mental and physical state.

Believe you, me! I know all about that. It's hard for me to admit that I have been in the work field for 23 years now. That's a long time! and as a co-worker was nice enough to point out "You have about 20-25 yrs to go" {How Rude!! I thought!!!} But, its the truth.

What have I been doing these past 23 years? you ask...
Well I have being an independent sales representative from selling MaryKay, Avon, 4Life, TLC... to working part-time in retail in such stores as Perfumeria Preciosa, JC Penney, Sears... I owed a Christian Book Store and a Flower Shop, All of these while growing in my career as an Accountant. I went from being  an accounting clerk to being a CFO. During the years I have always encourage myself and my husband and girls to help others. As I clearly learned at a young age that it is greater to give than to receive. I love being the liaison between those in need and those that can give. It all sounds "Great" & "Busy" but one thing I realized along the years was that;


1. I didn't have a specific & clear end goal in mind
2. I was trying to for reach "something" in the "wrong" place

Don't get me wrong, I love each of the experiences I went through and the immense growth that each challenge provided me. But it wasn't enough, not to my inner self. Maybe these is why my close friends say that "I don't stop", yes I am always doing something. Satisfying to me at the moment but not completely fulfilling.

As time goes on, you get older and your body and mind just doesn't want to keep up with me. And, this is when the "good" things begging to happen. As a christian I have always made every move with prayer and understanding that without the grace of God... No challenge can be over taken, No door can be open,  Nothing and I mean Nothing can be conquered. So when God starts talking to you through dreams, through books, through meditation and understanding of this word. WoW you just have to stop, take it in and then put it into action.

So hear I am now, sleeping more than 6 hours per night, taking time to read & write, connecting with others, focusing on my present and how it will impact my future, helping others in a meaningful and productive way so they can have a better lifestyle, All while listening to an audio book and having coffee.

What has this done for me in the past 2 weeks...
   Well let me tell you!

Meaningful sleep, minimal headaches, better mobility, less back pain, higher level of thought process, better speech, less stress and anxiety, and overall peace.

Taking the time to care for yourself is NOT a bad thing. It is a rewarding process. The better you are physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally, the better to can be for the ones around you.

I am still a work in progress but I am so happy about it.


Have a blessed day,
Yessenia Perez
Business Coach
Spiritual & Motivational Speaker
E. yperezr31@gmail.com


Comments